Google

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bedroom Rules and Tips

Your bedroom is not a multi purpose room. It is not your office. It is not your exercise room. And it is certainly and most definitely not your storage room.

Your bedroom is the most sacred and intimate space you have. It is your escape from the outside world. You need to be able to rely on your bedroom, know that its always there for you and comforting you by pouring a continuous stream of nourishment into the core of your being.

Make your bedroom your new best friend for rejuvenation.



The Carole Fogarty Rejuvenation Recipe For Your Bedroom:

.... plus a good nights sleep.

Identifying the energy suckers in your bedroom is the first step towards rejuvenating your bedroom. Eliminate the toxic energy, remove the overstimulating, then infuse with a good dose of yin energy which is peaceful, gentle and calming.

The new mantra for your bedroom from now on is: “I love my bedroom and my bedroom loves me”.



1. Remove everything from under your bed:

Stuff that is unused, unwanted, unloved or broken is clutter. Clutter is dead, stagnant, toxic energy that adds no value whatsoever to your life. In Feng Shui there is a belief that clutter stored under your bed represents sleeping on old unresolved issues. You are sleeping on a tangle of confused energy. Remove everything from under your bed now.

2. Clear the emotional clutter:

There are many different types of clutter that can energetically block rejuvenation in your bedroom. If you are unsure then it may be a good idea to read my article the Emotional Cost of Clutter:

Rejuvenate the atmosphere in an instant by clearing out your wardrobes and en suite ….. off you go.

3. Eliminate anything electrical:

Rejuvenate your bedroom by choosing to make it an electrical free zone. I strongly believe the radiation emitted from electrical things is harmful.

Remove as many electrical items as you can, switch to a battery operated clock and turn any electrical things off at the wall when not in use. I saved 25% off my electricity bill by doing this.

Particularly avoid electrical stuff within arms reach of your head at night.

The only electrical item I have in my bedroom is a small CD player (well away from my bed) to add delicious songs and sounds to my room. I also use it for guided meditations.

4. Avoid sleeping near the power box:

If your bed head adjoins the wall that houses the power box for your home then move your bed. There have been too many research articles over the past 20 years suggesting ill health was caused by sleeping in close range to the power box.

5. Calm the energy down:

Remove pictures, colours and things which could over stimulate your nervous system or mind. Even too many books beside your bed can block deep rest. Mirrors are a great one for over stimulating a bedrooms energy. Cover your mirrors at night and see if you notice a difference.

Exercise equipment, computers, TV and work papers are a definite no, no. Your bedroom is not a multi purpose room. The more stimulating things you can remove from your bedroom the better chance you have of making the space calmer and ultimately more rejuvenating.

6. Check for sharp pointed corners from your beside table:

This piece of wisdom is from my days when I was a Feng Shui teacher. Sharp pointed corners aimed at the body cause the energy to rush and pierce or dent our auric fields. Eventually an ache or pain will surface directly in alignment with the flow of the sharp pointed corner. To remedy cover or turn the beside table slightly away from aiming at your body. If you are needing some more solutions let me know as I’ve over a decade of tips in my files.

7. Know the history of your mattress:

If your mattress has a happy history great. If your mattresses has a sad, upsetting or distressing history then I would strongly suggest getting a new mattress. No one needs to be sleeping on a field of energy that is not conducive to rejuvenation.

Cleanse your mattress periodically by sprinkling it with rock salt and leave for at least 5 hours. Just like the ocean, sea salt and rock salt absorb negative energies.

Latex mattresses are the way to go.

8. Love your bedding and nourish your senses:
The touch, smell, visual appearance of your bedding interacts with your senses. Make sure you have the bedding which you absolutely love. Natural fiber is better and of course organic is even better again. Even put a few drops of the essential oil lavender (or oil of your choice) into your final wash cycle. It leaves your sheets smelling yummy.

This reminds me, I am in urgent need of some new bedding. When I think of my doona cover, pillow and sheets, I think nice colour but old and tired. Good excuse for a good dose of shopping therapy.

9. Infuse the room with calming energy:

This is my sanity saver, my special treat. The days I don’t fill my bedroom with yummy energy I certainly notice the difference. Firstly sound is a great way to shift, uplift and enhance the energy of any space. Most days I leave music playing continuously in my bedroom even if I am not there. My latest most precious piece of music is The Essence CD by the awesome Prema Deval. You can visit their web site and listen to her music firsthand. She has the voice of an angel. It is gentle, calming and speaks to your soul.

Secondly I use essential oils to add regular doses of calming energy into my bedroom. Again its often throughout the day that I light a candle to my essence oil burner. That way by the time night has fallen my bedroom has received hours and hours of yummy energy. This is my gift to myself.

The oils I use change often but at the moment vetiver seems to be the most calming and grounding for me. Let your intuition be your guidance.

Thirdly my bedroom is where I meditate, so again more peaceful calming energy being added to my room.

1o. Add rejuvenation to your bedside table:

What you see last thing before you go to bed and first thing in the morning leaves an impression in your being. In most cases its probably your beside table.

Lets make sure the beside table offers rejuvenation to you in the form of either images such as a buddha, photo of happy holiday, perhaps your favourite affirmation card, crystals that you know and love, candles, oil burner. In other words whatever rocks your world with uplifting thoughts have on your beside table.

Avoid mobile phones, chargers, too many books all calling for your attention at once or anything else that may take your mind away from rest and rejuvenation.

No comments: